Manager, Human Resources
Location(s)Sarnia, ON Canada
As an integral member of the management team, the Manager, Human Resources will provide leadership and expertise in all general human resources management areas at the Sarnia manufacturing plant. Reporting operationally to the General Manager and functionally to the VP HR, the Manager will work autonomously as the sole human resources practitioner. A true generalist role, the Manager will be responsible for the development, in conjuncture with the VP HR, and the implementation of human resources activities for all functional areas of human resources.
- Responsible for all human resources activities to include employment, compensation, employee relations, benefits, and training and development.
- Develop, review and implement human resources policies, procedures, guidelines and programs.
- Provide support to managers in their day to day activities to ensure compliance with company polices and provincial legislation.
- Advise managers on all employee relations and performance management.
- Administer and explain benefits to employees, serve as liaison between employees and insurance carriers.
- Develop and maintain human resource data bases, computer software systems, and manual filing systems.
- Manage hiring processes, from recruitment to orientation and onboarding.
- Contribute to the development of a culture of continuous improvement and safe working environment across the organization.
- Develop and implement HR Metrics Report and provide recommendations and solutions to address issues.
- Participate in various health and safety activities, offering assistance to the Safety, Health and Environment Manager, to ensure a high awareness of employee safety is maintained within client group.
- Facilitate the delivery of internal training programs on various HR topics and legislation.
- Maintains current knowledge on all HR issues, trends and legislation.
- Develop and maintain relationship with the local HR community.
- Participates in the coordination of employee events.
- University Degree in a Human Resources program or related field.
- Minimum of at least 5 years Human Resources generalist experience.
- In-depth knowledge of, and experience in, HR management principles, including labour legislation, employee relations, compensation and benefits, recruitment and retention, performance management, and talent development.
- Ability to build meaningful and productive partnerships with both internal and external clients.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office applications and with HRIS.
- Committed to a safe working environment and continuous improvement, with the ability to research, identify, and implement leading HR practices.
- Organized, detail-oriented and able to multi-task.
- Able to deal with confidential issues in a sensitive, efficient and professional manner.
- Excellent organization, verbal and written communication skills.
- High level of initiative and adaptability.
- CHRP designation is considered an asset.
- Eligibility to work in Canada (must be Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada).
In order to facilitate the discussions while protecting confidential information, the Candidate may be required to sign a Confidentiality Agreement. By submitting an application, the Candidate shall agree to sign a Confidentiality Agreement.