Reporting to the Senior Vice President Operations, the Manager will be instigator and executor of logistics and purchasing functions from conception to implementation for the Sarnia plant. The Manager will also be responsible for the creation and implementation of continuous improvement initiatives, and with Lean manufacturing principles and will work strategically with the other managers to implement new technologies and automation strategies that will positively impact company efficiency and profitability. The Manager will promote a strong health, safety and environment culture on site and within the team.
- Develop and implement the global supply chain strategy for the plant;
- Develop and implement purchasing, receiving, shipping and inventory management processes and administrative procedures and standards to ensure purchasing and logistics management comply with applicable legislation;
- Negotiate raw materials, freight and product storage contracts and work with key customers/suppliers to ensure implementation of strategies to improve supply chain effectiveness and efficiencies;
- Recruit an enthusiastic, highly skilled Packing and Expeditions teams to successfully start-up our first commercial facility and then after;
- Develop operating procedures for coordination of all functions under his/her responsibilities;
- Develop, implement and lead training plan for his/her team prior to the start-up;
- Assist management in all other required business areas.
- Plan, organize, coordinate and control of all functions related to the supply chain logistics and warehousing for the plant;
- Coordinate purchasing and manufacturing schedules to match demand planning;
- Source, manage and maintain vendor relationships including negotiating and coordinating pricing;
- Work with finance to manage vendor invoices, savings and performance metrics, and government filings;
- Plan, develop, organize, direct, manage and evaluate the operations and budget of the department;
- Lead, manage and develop the department team with respect to recruiting, attendance management, health & safety, coaching, continuous improvement, performance management, training anddevelopment;
- Comply with corporate governance and regulatory obligations.