General Manager, Plant
Location(s)Sarnia, ON Canada
Reporting to the Senior VP, Operations, the General Manager will be tasked to originate all operations plans for a new facility, from hiring, through training, commissioning and start up to achieve reliable and safe operations. Together with the Senior VP, Operations and his team, the General Manager develops comprehensive operating plans and monitors achievement of the operation goals and he/she ensures that the resources (people, equipment, supplies, etc.) are efficiently utilized to ensure uninterrupted supply of products produced. The GM will promote a strong health, safety and environment culture in the organization and within the management team.
- Create an enthusiastic, highly skilled operation team to successfully start-up our first commercial facility.
- Set-up the Safety Mindset of the organization.
- Ensure that the Operational Execution Plan is developed and executed to get the Plant ready to operate at Mechanical Completion date.
- Develop Commissioning and Start-up Execution plan with a cross-functional team.
- Owns and manage Plant Operations budget and C&SU Budget.
- Together with the Lean Corporate Director, lead and implement Lean Manufacturing principles and Continuous improvement methodology.
- Define and execute the operation strategy for the Plant.
- Ensure the development of all required procedures/ processes to meet high level standards in term of Quality Management, Environmental and Safety.
- Develop, implement and lead training plan for his/her team prior to the start-up.
- Assist management in all other required business areas.
- Accountable for the implementation and effective management of overall operations of the Sarnia plant (Production, Maintenance, Logistic, HR, QHSE, Accounting).
- Coordinate with the Sales & Marketing team to ensure maximum customer satisfaction.
- Provide oversight and direction for the safe and environmentally compliant day to day production operation, to include accountability for meeting Plant budget, developing and executing operation goals, managing and developing the operation leadership team, and making certain the plant is compliant with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Interfaces with the internal and external customers to build relationships and assure a strong customer focus down through the plant organization.
- Plan, organize and direct the manufacturing and maintenance operations which ensure the most effective return on assets.
- Prepare forecasted budgets and ensure compliance throughout the year.
- Propose site capital projects.
- Drive for continuous improvement in the areas of occupational safety, process safety, environmental compliance, reliability, costs, efficiency, On Time delivery, and People Development.
- B.S. in Chemical/Chemical Engineering is required. An MBA is preferred.
- 15+ years of chemical/biochemical manufacturing industry experience.
- Fermentation experience would be highly appreciated.
- Experience in plant commissioning and start up is a must have.
- Experience in supervising plant employees for 24/7 operations.
- Experience in Integrated Management Systems (ISO9001, ISO14001).
- Familiar with Food grade constraints and HACCP environment.
- Experience in developing employees and performance management to maximize employee performance are requirements.
- A strong understanding and experience in Health and Safety regulations and environmental regulations is required.
- A proven record of responsibility/accountability to meeting operating budgets, driving continuous improvement and change in a multi-disciplinary environment, and safety leadership are all requirements.
- Sigma, 5S, Kaizen and TPM would be appreciated.
ONLY THE CANDIDATES WHO HAVE ATTACHED THEIR RESUME AND ANSWERED THE QUESTION(S) WILL BE CONSIDERED.