Location(s)Sarnia, ON Canada
Reporting to the Plant Controller of a NYSE-listed public company, the General Accountant will be responsible for assisting on financial and administrative duties in order to ensure timely and accurate preparation of financial and management reports and financial statements. The General Accountant will promote a strong health, safety and environment culture in the organization and within the Finance Department.
- Account analysis and reconciliation;
- Process various month-end general journal entries and ensure proper financial representation and documentation;
- Maintain Capital Asset database;
- Process AP, AR and payroll functions;
- Assist with the tracking of inventories and COGS monthly;
- Assist with preparation of various Government reports and submissions;
- Assist with year-end and audit preparation;
- Assist with budget preparation;
- Ensure compliance to Company policies and procedures;
- Additional tasks assigned as required.
- Bachelor degree or diploma in accounting would be an asset
- Minimum of 3 years in a similar role;
- Proficient with MS Excel and Word;
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics NAV and Simply Accounting - an asset;
- Experience with Accounting of Foreign Currency Transactions - an asset;
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects;
- Ability to show professionalism in dealing with internal and external stakeholders;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Ability to work in a changing environment;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Comfortable to take on new tasks and responsibilities.