Sarnia, ON Canada
The Plant Operator reports to the Operations Manager through the Shift Coordinator.
- Operate and monitor a 30,000MT/yr bio-succinic acid plant. Unit Operations include areas such as Chemical Loading/Unloading, Fermentation, Centrifugation, Filtration, Evaporation, Crystallization and Ion Exchange.
- Analyze process samples using laboratory equipment to monitor and troubleshoot processes.
- Perform some 1st level maintenance on equipment. Work with Maintenance department to ensure quick turnarounds of both planned and unplanned shutdowns following proper LOTO procedures.
- Ensure adherence to production schedule and timelines.
- Work with Engineering to troubleshoot and continuously improve process performance.
- Generate and revise Standard Operating Procedures, SOPs, for all unit operation areas to describe running, cleaning and troubleshooting of the plant operations.
- Foster the culture and follow the principles of 5S in the plant.
- Ensure accurate and up to date record keeping and log entries to aid in monitoring and troubleshooting production performance.
- Adhere to Health and Safety, Environmental, and Food Grade standards, policies, and regulations.
- Develop and foster a culture of safety within operations, championing safety throughout the plant
- College diploma in Chemical Production and Power Engineering Technology, or related diploma, or 2+ years of operational experience in other production facilities utilizing large scale pumps, heat exchangers and vessels.