Global Manager, Applications Development
St. Paul, MN USA
• Provide technical direction, expertise and critical thinking for BioAmber’s emerging businesses;
• Design and manage Application Development programs to support BioAmber's growth markets including polyurethanes, resins, coatings, personal care, food and flavor;
• Work directly with customers to accelerate commercialization of new products, gather customer feedback and design Application Development programs to meet customer, requirements
• Develop a network of experts and labs using BioAmber's business model of Open Innovation and Partnership to support BioAmber's market strategy;
• Manage technical projects with third parties to comply with budget and timeline;
• Effectively communicate results to the commercial team and customers;
• Assist the VP Compliance & IP with the planning and implementation of regulatory requirements for commercialization (product qualification, registrations, etc.);
• Assist the VP Compliance & IP in the overall IP strategy; lead the development work to support patent filings, and assist in the filing of IP required to protect applications of succinic acid and derivatives.
• Ph.D. or equivalent in Polymer/Material Science, Chemistry or Chemical Engineering;
• Minimum 5 years industrial experience in product or application development;
• Demonstrated experience in leading product and applications development, working with global, multifunctional teams;
• Previous work experience in polymer science - polyurethanes, coatings, polyesters - strongly desired;
• Strong work ethic, demonstrated organizational and communication skills, and enjoy working in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment;
• Eligibility to work in the US (no visa sponsorship/transfer);
• Eligibility to travel in foreign countries.
Key Skills and Capabilities:
Statements included in this description are intended to reflect in general, the duties and responsibilities of this position and are not to be interpreted as being all-inclusive. Nothing herein or in any revision or supplement hereto shall constitute or be considered an individual contract of employment or a guarantee of individual employment for any term.
• Strong project management skills and a proven track record of problem solving and leading the development of new products or applications;
• Ability to organize and deliver results, and orchestrate multiple activities in parallel;
• Comfortable with delegating activities, sharing responsibility and trusting others to perform work;
• Sets a high standard for self and others;
• Capable of work planning, budgeting and managing to comply with tight timeline;
• Is customer-focused; drives to meet expectations of both internal and external customers;
• Excellent communication skills (both oral and written);
• Demonstrates sound judgment when faced with uncertainty or incomplete information;
• Understands global business diversity and thinks globally.
This position reports to the Chief Technology Officer.