Sarnia, ON Canada
· Operate and monitor a 30,000MT/yr bio-succinic acid plant. Unit Operations include areas such as Chemical Loading/Unloading, Fermentation, Centrifugation, Filtration, Evaporation, Crystallization and Ion Exchange.
· Analyze process samples using laboratory equipment to monitor and troubleshoot processes.
· Perform some 1st level maintenance on equipment. Work with Maintenance department to ensure quick turnarounds of both planned and unplanned shutdowns following proper LOTO procedures.
· Ensure adherence to production schedule and timelines.
· Work with Engineering to troubleshoot and continuously improve process performance.
· Generation and revision of Standard Operating Procedures, SOPs, for all unit operation areas to describe running, cleaning and troubleshooting of the plant operations.
· Foster the culture and follow the principles of 5S in the plant.
· Ensure accurate and up to date record keeping and log entries to aid in monitoring and troubleshooting production performance.
· Adherence to Health and Safety, Environmental, and Food Grade standards, policies, and regulations.
- Plant Operator should have a college diploma in Chemical Production and Power Engineering Technology, or related diploma, or 2+ years of operational experience in other production facilities utilizing large scale pumps, heat exchangers and vessels.